We realise that renting a vehicle can often mean trying to negotiate around a minefield of unclear terms and conditions, unclear deposit rules and hidden charges.
We aim to make the rental process as simple and transparent as possible – no hidden charges, clear deposit and insurance information and accessible terms and conditions.
Below are some commonly asked questions that should clear up any queries you may have.
Most Commonly Asked Questions:
- Will I have to put down a deposit? Yes. Our deposit amounts vary in accordance to the value of the vehicle you hire. Vans: £500. Isuzus, Land Rover Defenders, Range Rover Evoques, Land Rover Discoverys and Land Rover Discovery Sports: £1,000. Full size Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports: £2,000.
- What are your vehicle excesses and how much do you take if I damage a vehicle? The excess on our vans is £500, the excess on our full size Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports is £2,000 and for all other models, the excess is £1,000. The vehicle deposits correspond to the excess amount so we will hold this amount until we have gained a damage estimate from our approved Bodyshop. If the repairs cost less than the amount we are holding, we will refund the difference back to you. If the repairs cost more than the vehicle’s excess then you are not liable to pay any more unless you have breached our terms and conditions.
- I’m interested in long term hire, can you help? Absolutely. We supply a wide variety of businesses and private users with long term hire of 4×4 vehicles. Please get in touch with your requirements and we will put together a price plan for you.
- How many free miles do I get? Our vans come with unlimited mileage and all other models come with 150 free miles per day or 1000 per week. If you go over, we charge excess mileage at £0.33 + VAT. These mileage caps apply only to short term hires, for long term hire mileage caps please get in touch.
- How can I be sure you won’t charge me for damage that was already on the vehicle when I collected it? Unfortunately due to a small minority of car rental companies, everyone has heard of car hire firms trying to charge customers for damage that was already there. We find that the best way to overcome this is for our customers to take photos or videos of the vehicle prior to it going on hire so that there is clear evidence of the vehicle’s condition. If there is any damage on the vehicle that is outside of our wear and tear parameters, we will note this on the hire documents.
- Can I take one of your vehicles abroad? Yes. Please let us know in advance if this is the case and we will provide written permission. We’ll also need to see your driving licence in advance so that we can gain authorisation from our insurance provider. The hirer will be responsible for any additional equipment required (for example first aid kits and warning triangles).
- Are there any other charges I need to be aware of? If the vehicle is returned excessively dirty on the interior (excessive mud in the carpets and seats, excessive dog hair etc.) or there is evidence of smoking, we will have to charge £48 for an intensive valet to restore the vehicle to a rentable condition. We do not charge administration fees if you get a traffic endorsement or penalty notice.
- Are your vehicles tracked? For security and insurance purposes, our Land Rover and Range Rover vehicles are tracked.
Click the button below for a full list of FAQs